|Apr 27||28||29||30||May 1|
| || || || || |
| || || || |
| || || || || |
| || |
| || |
BOOKING DETAILSNOTES AND GUIDELINES TO USE THE MCB CONFOCAL MICROSCOPE
1) The slot time is for 2hrsfor morning slots and 3 hours for afternoon. the cost for each hour is ` 250. If student finishes before time, then another student can be accommodated with mutual consent from the same lab. The operator should be informed about this before the laser is turned off. The operator may contact the subsequent user for the same.
2) Users must sign in the LOG BOOK before and after use. Provide the confocal Information data sheet to the operator
3) Emergency booking: Enter the name and contact number on the notice board in the room for emergency booking
4) Students can check web calendar link for slot updates i.e (http://www.my.calendars.net/confocalschedule). Entries in the Calendar made by operator. In-charge faculty will book the appointment in the absence of operator. Calendar is password protected.
5) Students have to send their booking requests maximum 3 days and minimum 2 days in advance after checking the time slots availability in the calendar. If two users send request for the same time slot, who ever send the first email, will get the available time slot. Operator will inform the second user to choose an alternative time slot.
6) Cancellation policy: Cancellation has to be informed immediately (at least a day before) and operator will update the calendar at the end of the day. Frequent cancellation from a user is not acceptable. Cancellation on the day of viewing/use is not acceptable and the time slot will be charged.
7) The fluorescence has to be checked on Leica microscope in the microscope room with the help of operator.
8) If any user is 30 min late without prior intimation, the slot will be canceled automatically and allotted to the next booking made user (if available) or to any emergency requests that can be made daily to complete the 3hr slot.
9) The sample slide and the coverslip should be clean. operator can insist on and assist in cleaning up the sample.
10) Seal the coverslip with color less nail paint or fluoromount (BD Bioscience). Ensure that nail paint is dried; otherwise it will spoil the objective lens.
11) Please bring fresh CD /DVD to copy the data by Friday of every week. Saturday, data will be purged. NO USB drives. Data will be copied from the work-station only. Pen drives are not allowed and all data to written on CD/ DVD. No internet transfer of files is possible or allowed.
12) Users are requested to get all the necessary things with them including the tissue paper, wash bottle, alcohol, glycerol etc.
13) Power break-down: During the power break-down the maximum time we can use the scope is for 6 hours. So operator will not accommodate all the appointments and operator will reduce the time slot to 1-2 hr depending on the number of users on that day to try give every user a brief opportunity to use the system. If the user has to use the scope for 3 hrs, then the appointment has to be rescheduled.
Work station: User can analyze the data that was previously acquired using Axio vision soft ware on the work-station. Request for data analysis can be inform the operator at least a day in advance. This analysis can take place in parallel to other users who may be doing data acquisition
Users have to send the request mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail should have following details:
1.)Name of Principal investigator :
2.)Lab contact number :
3.)Personal contact number :
4.)Sample name :
7.)Antifade added or not :
8.)Printing is necessary or not :
9.)Magnification of Objective lense :
1) The slot time and choice of confocal microscope (Zeiss) will be given by the operators only.
2) The fluorescence has to be checked before coming to the Confocal facility.
3) Students has to send their booking request before 3 working days.
4) If any student is 1h 30min late without prior intimation, the slot will be canceled automatically
5) Please bring CD /DVD to copy the data within one week
6) Users can see the calendar for the booking updates. (http://www.my.calendars.net/IISc
7) The sample slide and the coverslip should be clean.
8) Seal the coverslip with nail paint. Ensure that nail paint is dried; otherwise it will spoil the objective lens.
9) Users are requested to get all the necessary things with them including the tissue paper.
10) Facility is not responsible if the images are not taken within the stipulated time.
11) Users must sign in the LOG BOOK after use.
Confocal Microscopy at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.